Want to become a part of our team? Why not! We are always looking for writers. All you have to do is e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BUT before doing so, please read our ‘Contribution Guidelines’ and ‘Article Submission Agreement’ in order to avoid any disappointments.
- For starters, we expect you to share the story pitch and NOT the write-up.
- Mention this in the ‘Subject line’: PITCH [Your Topic]
- We do not accept emails with attachments of any sort. Such emails are deleted without being read.
- Don’t forget to tell us your name and share your social media account links.
- 6degrees receives a lot of e-mails. If you don’t get a reply from us in 2 weeks, safely consider the pitch rejected.
- Once we have accepted your pitch, and you have contributed more than three write-ups ‘frequently’, which have been published on 6degrees, we may consider including you in our ‘authors profile’ section. For this, we will ask you to send in your short bio of not more than 40 words, and you may also send your headshot in high-res.
- The article/news piece should be original to the author and unpublished elsewhere.
- Plagiarism is taken seriously, therefore we expect you to add hyperlinks and sources where needed.
- Once your article is published on 6degrees, we retain the copyright and may reprint your piece, with full attribution, in any marketing material.
- We do not pay guest contributors for their occasional articles.
Article Submission Agreement
Welcome to 6degrees and thank you for showing your interest. Please read this agreement before submitting content in any form or medium for publication on 6degrees.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to publish or not publish any articles, content, or other materials that you send to us. Before we can accept any content from you, please confirm that you have read and agreed to the following Submission Agreement, which will govern any content that you submit to us that is accepted for publication on 6degrees.
- We do not wish to receive or hold any materials from you in confidence. Therefore, you agree that no confidential relationship or obligation of secrecy is established between you and 6degrees with respect to your content. You permanently agree not to assert any claim of idea appropriation, misappropriation, or any other similar claims of any kind with respect to your content.
- In exchange for 6degrees providing you with this platform for expression and with potential exposure to users and visitors, all of which you agree is valuable consideration, you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, publish, reproduce, modify, adapt, license, sub-license, distribute, sell, perform, translate, and display the content (of any kind) for any purpose, in any language, and in any manner or medium. You will retain ownership of the copyright in your submission, subject to the rights granted to us in this Agreement. However, if you decide to republish that content elsewhere, you agree to include the following disclosure: “Originally published on 6degrees“.
- We may publish without restriction other content on the same or similar topics as that of your submission. We make no representations, warranties, or promises whatsoever regarding the nature or level of exposure that you or your content will receive through 6degrees, and you agree that we have no obligation to you under this Agreement, or under any law, or in equity, in connection with any of your content that we may use. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied including, without limitation, any warranty of merchantability, quiet enjoyment, or fitness for a particular purpose.
- If you wish to have your content published under the byline ‘Anonymous’, please inform us. Moreover, we will still require your original name and email address. While we will make an effort to honor requests to publish content anonymously, we make no guarantee that your content will be published anonymously and we disclaim any responsibility whatsoever for any harm resulting from not publishing your content anonymously. Further, even if your content is published anonymously, we make no guarantee that your identity will remain anonymous and we disclaim any responsibility whatsoever for any harm resulting from the intentional or unintentional disclosure of your identity.
- You understand that 6degrees receives significant traffic and is accessible to anyone on the internet. You should not provide us with any content which you consider private, infringing of someone else’s intellectual property rights, or defamatory. You are solely responsible for any legal or other repercussions that occur as a result of your content posted on 6degrees under your name. We assume no responsibility or liability which may arise from your content. We are under no obligation to modify or delete your content once it is posted on 6degrees, but reserve the right to do so at our sole discretion.
- You further acknowledge that 6degrees has no obligation to provide you with any data or analytics or other information that 6degrees may obtain or create (including, but not limited to, page view date) concerning your content or 6degrees.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to (a) edit the content, (b) supplement or co-mingle the content with our trade names, trademarks, and service marks and with content provided by us or by third parties, (c) remove the content from 6degrees, and (d) benefit commercially from the content.
- You represent and warrant to us that (a) you are 18 years of age or older and have provided us with your real name and email address; (b) the content is an original work created by you that has not been published elsewhere; (c) does not infringe any laws of Pakistan; (d) the content does not contain any express or implied statements of fact that are untrue, false, or misleading; (e) the content does not infringe the copyrights, trademarks or other rights of any third party; (f) the content does not contain any viruses, worms, malware or other harmful or destructive material; and (g) the content does not contain any defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic, threatening, abusive, harassing, or similarly unlawful material. You will assure and hold us harmless against any damages sustained or expenses incurred (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) in connection with any claim, action or proceeding based on an actual or alleged violation of these representations and warranties.
- You accept that there is no partnership, joint venture, employment, consulting or other such relationship between you or us.