Our legal status under Pakistan Data Protection Act is that of a data controller and in this capacity we will securely store and process your personal information which you have provided to us.
What personal information do we collect from you?
- Personal information is any information that allows someone to identify you. This can happen via, for example, your name, address, telephone and mobile numbers, email address, as well as any information about you that is associated with or linked to, or could be linked to, any of the foregoing data.
- Your personal information is collected when you register or fill in a form on a website, for example ‘contact 6degrees’, or complete a form in any of our publications which may relate. This includes information you provide when you register to use 6degrees, subscribe to newsletters, or participate in discussion boards on the website. The information which you give us may include your name, address, email, and phone number.
- Personal information that is provided by you will only be used for the purpose for which it is provided, unless you are informed otherwise at the time of giving the information.
Are there any age restrictions on providing personal information to 6degrees?
- If you are aged  or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to 6degrees. If we become aware that you are under  and are attempting to or have submitted personal information via the website without your parent/guardian’s permission, we will not accept such information and we will take steps to remove such information from our records.
How long will we keep your personal information?
- We will hold your personal information on our systems only for as long as is necessary.
About receiving marketing messages.
- We give you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information. When you register on 6degrees or respond to one of our communications or offers, we will ask you to make choices about receiving further marketing communications from us. Should you wish to stop receiving marketing communications from us, you will be able to unsubscribe or opt-out, or you can contact us and we will make the changes for you. Please remember to include your full name and e-mail address so that we may make the changes that you request.
- “Cookies” are pieces of information that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Cookies are common and won’t do anything to harm your system – they simply store or gather information. They help you to get the most out of your visit to 6degrees.
- We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration as part of our audit trail process. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that. You are not obliged to accept cookies and you can adjust your browser’s setting to prevent it from accepting cookies on your computer – go to www.allaboutcookies.org for instructions on how to disable cookies. However, you may not be able to take full advantage of 6degrees if you do so.
- Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Although they can be used to store information which may identify a user’s computer, cookies do not personally identify users and passwords and credit card information are not stored in cookies.
- Social networking sites, such as Facebook, among others, work with us as trusted third party partners. We also work with application developers who specialize in social media, so that we can connect with your social networks. We provide access to our Websites for third parties and business partners so that we can generate interest in our products and services among members of your social networks and to allow you to share product and service interests with friends in your network.
- We do not control how your personal information is collected, stored or used by such third party sites or to whom it is disclosed. You should review the privacy policies and settings on any social networking site that you subscribe to so that you understand the information they may be sharing. If you do not want your networking sites to share information about you, you must contact that site and determine whether it gives you the opportunity to opt-out of sharing such information. 6degress is not responsible for how these third party sites may use information collected from or about you.
- 6degress accepts no responsibility or liability for any third party practices on third party websites. 6degress advises you to carefully read third party privacy statements prior to the use of any third party website.